Rand Paul Detained by TSA
Rand Paul, the younger and more articulate son of Republican nominee Ron Paul was detained today by TSA agents in the Nashville Airport. Rand Paul believes that a glitch caused the alarm to go off, and when he asked if he could go through the monitor again he was denied, and refused the full body pat down. Now Paul has different rights that other Americans don't have. Rand Paul, as a Congressman could have evoked his constitutional right to speedy travel to the capital to quote the Constitution “The Senators and Representatives…shall in all Cases, except Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace, be privileged from Arrest during their Attendance at the Session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same….” according to Article I, Section 6. Paul didn't evoke this right, but he raised a question, that I think needs to be raised, why, ten years after the September 11th attacks are we still doing the same checks, the same random screenings, why don't we have frequent travel programs, or other identifying programs that allow our identity to be known. Why are three-year olds being subjected to pat downs and diapers being checked. Why don't we have frequent flyer programs. Some things don't make sense to me.
- Rand Paul Stopped By TSA After Body Scan Anomaly (onlineupdaters.wordpress.com)
- WELL, HE IS A THREAT TO THE REGIME: Rand Paul Detained By TSA. UPDATE: TSA Responds. Well, Sen... (pjmedia.com)
- Senator Rand Paul Vs. The Anti-American TSA (disquietreservations.blogspot.com)
- Sen. Rand Paul "detained" By TSA In Nashville, TSA Denies (annem040359.wordpress.com)
- Rand Paul in Pat-Down Standoff With TSA in Nashville - ABC News (tomhuff.wordpress.com)
- TSA Directly Violated US Constitution By Detaining Senator Rand Paul (mountainrepublic.net)
- Kentucky Senator Rand Paul Detained by TSA; Refused Pat Down (truthsupport.wordpress.com)
- Rand Paul on TSA Detainment: I was Barked at, Do Not Leave the Cubicle (musicians4freedom.com)
- Sen. Rand Paul: "It was an ordeal.. I think it's an indignity..." (bokertov.typepad.com)
- Rand Paul Detained by TSA (blippitt.com)
- Prison Planet.com " Ron Paul Slams "Out Of Control Police State" After Rand Paul Detained By TSA (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Sen. Rand Paul 'Detained' by TSA in Nashville After Refusing Pat-Down (newsfeed.time.com)
"I was trolling through Facebook this morning, darn habit I need to quit, but anyway I saw this image on a friend's Facebook page. If you read the whole thing it basically says..."
By: Jacqueline Scott | January 21, 2012 | Opinion, Politics