Election Year Smoke Screen
I am getting tired and frustrated with this election year. Birth Control has become a major hot button issue due to Obama's health person, I know she has a title but I don't feel like looking it up, requiring religious institutions that have multi-faith employees to provide insurance for birth control, and then Obama creating a loop-hole for it. This thing has turned the entire country against women who choose to control when they get pregnant. It seems to me that these Republican men mostly, are making all these women out to be sluts, who can't keep their legs together. Quite frankly you should be asking who they are screwing, because it takes two to tango. Now we can get into the fact that birth control helps with many other illnesses, and not just for pregnancy prevention, but that's not the point. The point is that women are being singled out in this debate as being something dirty and bad, because they are sexually active. I find that appalling. I thought the birth control debate in government was over in the 1970s. Now the state of Arizona is trying to pass a law that allows employers to not cover birth control unless it is proven, with documentation, that it's for a medical reason, and allows employers to fire women who choose to take the pill for pregnancy prevention. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/14/arizona-birth-control-bill-contraception-medical-reasons_n_1344557.html This is an outrage, an absolute outrage. The blatant attack on privacy is an outrage, we have a right to not have to share our medical histories with our employers, unless it interferes with the job, and birth control interferes with no job. I am outraged that election year politics have turned into a moral fight against women and their right to a private life.
- Arizona Birth Control Bill Penalizes Women For Using Contraception For Non-Medical Reasons (trevoramason.com)
- Could You Be Fired For Using Birth Control? (lezgetreal.com)
- More Contraceptive Controversy: Arizona Bill Would Allow Employers To Fire Women Using Birth Control (blisstree.com)
- Arizona Bill Would Make It Legal for Employers to Fire Women for Using Birth Control (slog.thestranger.com)
- 77% Reject Republican Arguments On Birth Control (alan.com)
- Medical Mondays: Is birth control considered hormone therapy? (bioidenticalhormoneexperts.com)
- Control (makingsofanurse.com)
- Republicans have lost the birth control debate (dailykos.com)
- Arizona Senate Committee Endorses 'Tell Your Boss Why You're On The Pill' Bill (noroom4angels.wordpress.com)
- Poll: Americans Overwhelmingly Reject GOP's Crazed Attacks on Birth Control (littlegreenfootballs.com)
"Now being called "The Sexy Politico," you may believe that my sexual morales are, how do you say it not of the highest repute. Not so. I believe that the government has no..."
By: Jacqueline Scott | March 9, 2012 | 2012 Elections, Opinion, Politics