No Huntsman doesn't think All Republicans are Communists...
So here's the new political thing. Jon Huntsman, former Republican Candidate, good-looking with good-looking family, said something last Saturday at the 92nd Street Y that has caused a bit of a ruckus. His quote, "My first thought was, this is what they do in China on party matters if you talk off script," was said when he was discussing being dis-invited to the Republican National Committee meeting in Florida when he began discussing a third-party. Now this statement has become a bit of a blog treat, see even I am writing about it, where in bloggers are stating that Huntsman is calling the Republican party Communists. He is trying to couch is comment, stating that he wasn't finger-pointing and calling Republicans Communists but was just using China as an example, but myself, as most people, do not see Huntsman as a Republican for much longer. If you actually watch is speech, what he is saying is much more powerful than, I think Republicans are Communists. What he is saying is that, both parties are going too far with the idea of having a defined polarized agenda. In America the Book, John Stewart called it the party menu, "if you believe in a woman's right to choose you also believe in gun control" to paraphrase. What he is discussing is very important. People are not as black and white as party politics make them out to be. This is why Huntsman is saying is smart, but will also get him kicked out of his party, because he is saying what everyone is feeling. Now Huntsman is also a bit naïve in this speech, but my question is why is a man who is stating things that people should listen to, going to be pushed out of politics? This is the question I don't like the answer to. It's all about the Benjamins.
- TRENDING: Huntsman compares GOP to Communist Party of China (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Jon Huntsman Blasts Media For Coverage Of His Comparison Of GOP To China (mediaite.com)
- Huntsman Compares GOP to Communist Party of China (fox8.com)
- Huntsman: GOP like Chinese Communist Party 'if you're off script' (rawstory.com)
- Jon Huntsman Trashes Republican Party, Compares It to Chinese Communist Party (alan.com)
- Huntsman: GOP Like Chinese Communist Party 'if You're Off Script' (crooksandliars.com)
- Jon Huntsman Suddenly Grows a Backbone, Now That He's Not Running for President (slog.thestranger.com)
- Jon Huntsman Compares GOP To Communist China (inquisitr.com)
- Hooray for Jon Huntsman Jr. ... maybe!!! (viewfrommiddleclass.wordpress.com)
- "I Had To Say I Believe In Science": Jon Huntsman, GOP Is Like Communist Party In China (mykeystrokes.com)
"So I went on Twitter today and found #don'tdoublemyrate was all over the place. That peaked my interest so I investigated. Apparently the interest rates for Stafford Loans are..."
By: Jacqueline Scott | April 20, 2012 | 2012 Elections, Opinion, Politics