Hugo Chavez, Friend or Foe?
If we listen to the president and his opponent we have two very different pictures of the situation in Venezuela and its democratically elected leader Hugo Chavez. Hugo Chavez is a Socialist. Oh my goodness I have said that damn dirty word socialist. That word is what leaders in America use to win elections, especially if they are Republican leaders. Is he dangerous, yes and no. Chavez himself isn’t dangerous, while yes there are still revolutionary elements in the country and the party it isn’t him, its his ambition. He isn’t willing to play by the rules that America and the western powers say he has to play by. He will invite oil barrens to his house, speak to people who some may call terrorists, and work with organizations, that aren’t very reputable. Why? As Jay-Z would say, “it’s all about the Benjamins.” He wants a power base, and the way to get that in most Latin American countries is to have the money to provide. The people in Venezuela like Chavez, because he has kept his promises to them, and has worked for them. Sometimes I wonder if this man has made a deal with the devil, and that it may blow up in his face.
- Hugo Chavez: “Obama Is a Good Guy” …(Birds of a Feather) (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Venezuela’s Chavez back on street, claims “miracle” recovery – Reuters (reuters.com)
- Venezuela’s Chavez says election loss would spark civil war – Xinhua (news.xinhuanet.com)
- Chavez: Venezuela to buy tanks from China (sacbee.com)
- Venezuela’s Chavez says “totally free” of cancer (news.yahoo.com)
- Hugo Chavez thinks Obama is a ‘good guy’ (redalertpolitics.com)
- Experts Say Romney Hypes Chavez Threat: ‘Pure Electoral Politics’ (thinkprogress.org)
- Chavez Says He’s Free of Cancer, Ready to Campaign (abcnews.go.com)
- Chavez: Venezuela is no threat, Obama is a “good guy” (news.yahoo.com)
- Supporters rally for Hugo Chavez’s re-election bid (miamiherald.com)