That is literally a sentence that a friend of mine said to me while I was walking to work today. Why would she say this to me, because North Korea has been threatening to blow up, fire, shoot nuclear weapons at Japan, South Korea, Guam, Austin TX today. Well it’s the 15th of April, almost midnight here, and nope, not dead yet.
Why would North Korea pick what seems to be a random monday? Is it because of tax day? Nope, it’s because it would have been the 101st birthday of North Korea’s first leader. It would be a birthday present for Grandpa? TO START A NUCLEAR WAR. I am sorry, I am just finding this insane. Well, we all are.
Basically this new leader in North Korea is trying to show his might. He is trying to show that he is as brave and as strong as his predecessors, by showing his guns, literally. And the US and the rest of the world, in political spheres aren’t buying it, especially since China isn’t backing them up. Isn’t it funny how a country that is trying to show how powerful it is, only has power when one of its neighbors decides to help it?
- North Korea Tells Foreigners To Get Out Of South Korea (wccbcharlotte.com)
- US Threatens North Korea with Justin Bieber Tour Dates Amid Rising Tensions (thecodependent.com)
- North Korea to launch nuclear missile ‘within hours’ (endoriot.wordpress.com)
- US open to negotiations with North Korea (bigpondnews.com)
- North Korean Pyongyang Fight World Has No Choice But To Wait (stirringtrouble.wordpress.com)
- Calm in Guam as islanders doubt North Korean missile aim (csmonitor.com)