Wow bronchitis is really horrible. I am sorry readers, I have been seeing doctors who have been trying to help me get healthy and I am now officially on the mend. So to the task at hand, Newt Gingrich. Newt Gingrich is now more interesting to write about after the Herman Cain scandal and debacle. I find it funny how Cain was pushed out of the race due to his sexual past and Gingrich is now being embraced as the new lead candidate, even though his past is far from clean. I mean leaving your first wife of 20 years when she is dying of cancer is never a good thing. Gingrich was once the golden boy for the Republican party, in the early 1990s he helped write the “Contract with America,” and wrestle control of the House and Senate away from the Democrats in 1995. This man though is very abrasive and his style of politics led to his resigning as Speaker of the House and his descent into lobbying and writing historical fiction. He is great with the spoken word and a debate of Gingrich versus Obama would definitely be fun to watch.
Gingrich’s website asks you to “help with the 21st century’s contract with America” which harkens back to his glory days. All of Gingrich’s ideas are standard republican. This is what many people worry about, he would move with the changing wind. Nobody likes that. I’m sure you can tell I am not the biggest Gingrich supporter. Considering how brash he is, I feel as though we would have 4 years of nothing getting done, and he is supposed to be the closest thing we have to a Catholic running for the White House? It doesn’t seem right. Honestly I cannot see any way of Gingrich winning if anyone in America has a memory whatsoever.
- ANALYSIS | Neil Macdonald: The fall and rise of Newt Gingrich (cbc.ca)
- Craig Bergman, Newt Gingrich’s Iowa Political Director, Resigns After Referring To Mormonism As A ‘Cult’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- Huff TV: WATCH: Arianna, Al Franken Discuss Newt Gingrich On ‘Politically Incorrect’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- Joe Lieberman To Newt Gingrich: Get Real (huffingtonpost.com)
- Ron Paul’s Threat to Newt Gingrich (theroot.com)
- Newt Gingrich still leads the GOP field – but Barack Obama would crush him (guardian.co.uk)
- SCANDAL: In Creepy Video, Newt Gingrich Encourages Reasonableness (slog.thestranger.com)
- Mitt Romney: Newt Gingrich Is An ‘Extraordinarily Unreliable Leader In The Conservative World’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- Mitt Romney: Newt Gingrich is an ‘extraordinarily unreliable’ conservative (dailykos.com)
- Serial Wife-Leaver Newt Gingrich Vows to Defend Marriage [Politics] (jezebel.com)
- Mitt Romney Calls Newt Gingrich ‘Unreliable’ (usnews.com)
- Chelsea Handler to Newt Gingrich ‘Go F**** Yourself’ (bazaardaily.com)
- Ron Paul close to beating Newt Gingrich in Iowa? (100gf.wordpress.com)
- Newt Gingrich: Hospital Divorce Story Is A Lie, Except That It Isn’t (mykeystrokes.com)