The Sexy Politico knows that there are some issues that are more important to voters than others. Gun control is important to me and that is why I am starting here. What topic would you like me to look into? Let me know in the comments here on on our twitter or facebook pages.
Steve Bullock: Bullock is the current Governor of Montana. He is also the former lutenent governor of Montana. He doesn’t have a voting record but he does have public statements we can look at.
- Believes that legal firearm owners just want to keep their families safe
- Supports background checks and age restrictions
- Believes in the Second Amendment, but not guns in the wrong hands
- Wants to keep forever access to hunting and fishing
Pete Buttigieg: Buttigieg is the Mayor of South Bend, Indiana. So while he doesn’t have a voting record yet he does have public statements
- Buttigieg is for universal background checks and gun control
- He installed ShotSpotter technology: identify source of gunfire
Julian Castro: Castro was in President Obama’s Cabinent as Housing and Urban Development Secretary (2014-2017). He was also mayor of San Antonio from 2009-2014. Castro has no voting record to look at.
- Castro believes in universal background checks, that spouse abusers shouldn’t be able to get a weapon and to limit the capacity of magazines.
- Wants to ensure background checks and waiting periods are enforced at gun shows
- Supported a ban on “assault weapons”
John Delaney: Delaney was a member of the US House of Representatives from 2013-2019 from Maryland’s 6th district.
- Delaney has stated he supports restrictions on gun purchases.
- Supports universal background checks
- Limiting “military style” assault weapons
- Expanding “red flag” laws similar to the ones in Maryland