The Sexy Politico knows that there are some issues that are more important to voters than others. Gun control is important to me and that is why I am starting here. What topic would you like me to look into? Let me know in the comments here on on our twitter or facebook pages.
Tulsi Gabbard: Gabbard is currently serving in the US House of Representatives. She has served the state of Hawaii since 2013.
- While in Congress Gabbard has co-sponsored bills that would require universal background checks for all guns, closing the “gun-show loophole.”
- She has called for a ban on military style assault weapons
- She wants to make sure terrorists cannot buy guns
Kristian Gillibrand: Gillibrand is a former member of the House of Representatives from New York (2007-2009) until she was appointed to Secretary Hillary Clinton’s Senate seat in 2009, she was subsequently elected to full terms in 2012 and 2018.
- While serving in the House of Representatives Gillibrand was a gun supporter and had an “A” rating with the NRA. Since joining the Senate she has become a gun control activist.
- Gillibrand wants to ban assault weapons and close the gun show loophole
- Wants universal background checks
- Says she is embarrassed by her former “A”rating with the NRA and now has an “F” rating.
- Blames inaction on mass shootings on the greed of gun manufacturers and the NRA
- Voted yes to ban high capacity magazines over ten bullets
Kamala Harris: Harris is one of the two Senators from California. She is also a former District Attorney for San Fransisco.
- Harris has threatened executive orders to get gun bills passed.
- She has stated there is no reason to have assault weapons in a civil society
- No gun ownership for dangerous convicts or the mentally ill
- Rated 7% by the NRA which says that she is for gun control
John Hickenlooper: Hickenlooper is the former Governor of Colorado who served from 2011-2019.
- Hickenlooper wants to address suicide prevention within his gun control message.
- Believes in universal background checks
- Wants to ban high capacity magazines.
- Does not want to ban assault weapons
- Wants to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill
Message from Jacqueline Yap: Creator and head writer for The Sexy Politico. The Sexy Politico is looking to expand their brand and reach and in order to do this we need your help. If you have loved the content that The Sexy Politico has provided over the last ten years and are able to please check out our Patreon. Any sized donation will help us expand our reach into different mediums. Thank you in advance