The Sexy Politico knows that there are some issues that are more important to voters than others. Gun control is important to me and that is why I am starting here. What topic would you like me to look into? Let me know in the comments here on on our twitter or facebook pages.
Tulsi Gabbard: Gabbard is currently serving in the US House of Representatives. She has served the state of Hawaii since 2013.
- While in Congress Gabbard has co-sponsored bills that would require universal background checks for all guns, closing the “gun-show loophole.”
- She has called for a ban on military style assault weapons
- She wants to make sure terrorists cannot buy guns
Kristian Gillibrand: Gillibrand is a former member of the House of Representatives from New York (2007-2009) until she was appointed to Secretary Hillary Clinton’s Senate seat in 2009, she was subsequently elected to full terms in 2012 and 2018.
- While serving in the House of Representatives Gillibrand was a gun supporter and had an “A” rating with the NRA. Since joining the Senate she has become a gun control activist.
- Gillibrand wants to ban assault weapons and close the gun show loophole
- Wants universal background checks
- Says she is embarrassed by her former “A”rating with the NRA and now has an “F” rating.
- Blames inaction on mass shootings on the greed of gun manufacturers and the NRA
- Voted yes to ban high capacity magazines over ten bullets
Kamala Harris: Harris is one of the two Senators from California. She is also a former District Attorney for San Fransisco.
- Harris has threatened executive orders to get gun bills passed.
- She has stated there is no reason to have assault weapons in a civil society
- No gun ownership for dangerous convicts or the mentally ill
- Rated 7% by the NRA which says that she is for gun control
John Hickenlooper: Hickenlooper is the former Governor of Colorado who served from 2011-2019.
- Hickenlooper wants to address suicide prevention within his gun control message.
- Believes in universal background checks
- Wants to ban high capacity magazines.
- Does not want to ban assault weapons
- Wants to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill