The Sexy Politico knows that there are some issues that are more important to voters than others. Gun control is important to me and that is why I am starting here. What topic would you like me to look into? Let me know in the comments here on on our twitter or Facebook pages.
Beto O’Rourke: O’Rourke is a former member of the US House of Representatives for the state of Texas (2013-2019).
- O’Rourke believes in universal background checks and wants to limit assault weapons
- Does not believe that states need to recognize each other’s conceal and carry permits.
- Wants to close gun ownership loopholes
- Wants to give the CDC the ability to study gun violence
Tim Ryan: Ryan is a member of the US House of Representatives serving the state of Ohio. Ryan was first elected in 2013.
- Ryan went from having an “A” rating with the NRA to being a gun control advocate.
- Ryan gave a matching donation of all of his NRA donations to gun control organizations
Bernie Sanders: Sanders has been a Senator from the state of Vermont since 2007. Before that he was a member of the House of Representatives serving Vermont’s at large district from 1991-2007.
- Sanders wants to ban assault weapons (more than 10 rounds being fired at one time)
- Sanders wants automatic background checks
- Wants to close the gun show loophole
- Believes it’s OK to sue gun manufacturers if they sell for misuse
- Voted against the Brady Bill
- Sanders has a long voting record when it comes to guns. He is for gun control and instant background checks.
- Sanders is rated “F” by the NRA
Joe Sestak: Sestak is a former member of the US House of Representatives serving the state of Pennsylvania from 2007-2011
- Wanted to extend the ban on assault weapons
- Signed a House Bill to close the gun show loophole
- Has an “F” rating with the NRA