The Sexy Politico knows that there are some issues that are more important to voters than others. Gun control is important to me and that is why I am starting here. What topic would you like me to look into? Let me know in the comments here on on our twitter or Facebook pages.
Tom Steyer: Steyer is a billionaire hedge fund manager and liberal activist.
- After the Parkland shootings Steyer pledged one million dollars on voter registration hoping they would vote pro gun control in the midterm elections.
Elizabeth Warren: Warren is a Senator from Massachusetts. She was first elected in 2012.
- Warren wants to treat guns violence like an emergency.
- Gun laws should be federal, not from the states
- Voted yes on banning high capacity magazines over 10 bullets
Marianne Williamson: Williamson is an author and political activist.
- For universal background checks
- Banning bump stock
- Passage of extreme protection orders that were enacted under the Obama administration
- Gun licences should involve classes and periodic renewal
Andrew Yang: Yang is a lawyer, entrepreneur and philanthropist. He is founder of Venture for America.
- Yang believes that guns should be treated as vehicles in the way that their licences work. That there are different types of licences and different levels of licensure.
- Level one would be basic handguns and basic rifles
- Level two would be semi automatic riffles
- Level three would be advanced weapons
- Each level would have different requirements and rules to allow for a person to own that level of weapon.
- Current gun owners would be grandfathered in and would have one year to apply for a level two or above licence.